Cycling through the Land of the Rising Sun
Travel report of the cycle holiday, April 14th to June 1st, 2013.
Compiled from the e-mails we sent during our trip through Japan.
A few statistics:
- Total distance: 3000 km
- 4 islands: Okinawa, Kyushu, Shikoku en Honshu.
- Highest point: 2305 metres (Mount Fuji)
- Longest snake we saw alive: about 3 metres
- Earthquakes: one, but we seem to have missed some too
- Number of flat tyres: 0
- Other cycle defects: 1 broken pedal (Gea)
- Physical injuries: 0
- No route prepared, using 'Touring Mapple', a seven-piece atlas for motorcyclists.