2016 To Rome
On the bicycle to Rome
Travel report of the cycle holiday, August 13th to September 25th.
- total distance: 2989 kilometres (grrr... just short of 3000)
- cycled through 10 countries
- 29 crossed borders
- 19 kilometres up and 19 kilometres down (vertically that is)
- Highest altitude was 2115 meters (at the Splügen Pass at the border with Switzerland and Italy)
- 2 flat tires on Remy's bicycle. The first at departure time (in our garden) and the second on the camping in Rome.1 defective brake leaver on Remy's bicycle
- Remy was very unlucky this trip since he also got sick for 5 days
- 2 half days with rain.
- the highest temperature we saw on a sign was was 37º C
- and now we're going to look at 2494 pictures (0.83 pictures for each kilometre) A selection will be posted on my website in due time.